ASL Interpreting Services (ASLIS) supports the rights of the Deaf, DeafBlind, and hard of hearing community to determine their preferred method of accommodations as per the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). One of the most requested accommodation requests are for ASL interpreting services. Our goal is to satisfy all reasonable requests.
Here are just a few of the resources ASLIS provides to the community:
- Free online accounts are available so clients can view their appointments and assigned interpreters.
- Clients have the opportunity to give back to the interpreting community by providing mentoring services. Interpreters benefit when the Deaf community trains their interpreters and clients in turn receive better services.
- Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) is here! It is an additional and optional service for clients to choose from.
- The ability to improve quality assurance by sending ASLIS an evaluation form on interpreters.
- Hire interpreters for personal events at an affordable rate.
- Free listing of Deaf-owned businesses!