Purpose: ASL Interpreting Services (ASLIS) Advisory Board provides cultural perspectives to guide ASLIS on how to address needs and trends in the local Deaf, DeafBlind, and Hard of Hearing community, as well as, advise ASLIS on any business decisions they make that may impact the community.
Representatives: ASLIS will have between 6-9 representatives on the Advisory Board. The representatives will represent the Deaf, DeafBlind, and Hard of Hearing community throughout the state of Minnesota and surrounding areas, as well as professionals that provide ASL interpreting within this community.
Composition: 6-9 representatives, selected by applications.
The representatives will consist of individuals from the following:
- 1 DeafBlind Individual
- 1 Deaf Professional from the Twin Cities 7-county metro area
- 2-3 Deaf Community at Large Individual
- 1 Deaf Greater Minnesota (outside 7-county metro) Individuals
- 1 Deaf professional from Greater Minnesota (outside 7-county metro) Individuals
- 1 Certified Deaf Interpreter
- 1 Certified Hearing Interpreter
- 1 Active Minnesota Hospital Consortium (MHC) Interpreter
- Attend all meetings as scheduled
- Review Public Relations materials
- Discuss interpreter issues and topics
- MHC Quality Assurance
- Host Deaf and/or DeafBlind Night Out
- May assist with setting up subcommittee meeting
- Other topics as needed
Meetings: Board meetings will be held quarterly on the 3rd Monday in January, March, May and October from 1:00-3:00 PM at the ASLIS office (5801 Duluth St., Suite 110, Golden Valley, MN 55422). Remote Connect to meeting is available.
Meetings are as scheduled below:
|January 21, 2019||January 20, 2020||January 18, 2021|
|March 18, 2019||March 16, 2020||March 15, 2021|
|May 20, 2019||May 18, 2020||May 17, 2021|
|October 21, 2019||October 19, 2020||October 18, 2021|
Term: 3 years
Compensation: $50 per meeting
Submit your application by sending a video response to the below:
- Please tell us why you want to be a Deaf Advisory Board Member.
- Which group are you representing?
- How do you believe you can help the Advisory Board?
- What can you contribute to the community?
- Discuss any previous experience, or what perspectives you can bring to the Board.
Contact: Melissa Schroeder – email@example.com
Deadline to apply: September 14th 2018