General Job Description:
Individual responsible for interpreting any and all job assignments as assigned by ASLIS specialists. ASLIS specialist will take individual’s skills, experience, preferences and availability into account when assigning jobs. Staff Interpreter must communicate daily with ASLIS specialists. Other job duties include office tasks relating to the business operations of ASLIS when not in the field interpreting.
- FLEXIBILITY – go with the flow
- COMMON SENSE/TROUBLESHOOTER –solve problems on site, creatively coming up with solutions
- ADVOCATE –a strong voice that will advocate for self and others as needed
- PERSONABLE/FRIENDLY – customers, clients and team interpreters like to work with you
- ORGANIZED – keeps schedule in order and rarely makes mistakes
- COMMUNICATION – clearly communicates with ASLIS about anything
- QUICK RESPONSE– Responds quickly to job pages, both individual and group
- Support ASLIS business operations and special project. These projects may include: workshops or trainings, interpreter evaluations, mentoring, etc.
- In depth knowledge and experience within the Deaf Community in Minnesota
- Fluent in American Sign Language (ASL)
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and visual)
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong relationship building skills and attention to detail
- Nationally Certified (RID or NAD)
- 2+ years of professional interpreting experience
If interested in applying for this position:
Email a cover letter, resume and short (3-5 minute) video explaining why you want this position to email@example.com. Applications accepted through May 11th, 2018.
This job posting is a general outline of job responsibilities and skills. It is not intended to be comprehensive in nature. Jobs at ASLIS change and evolve over time and, therefore, this description may not reflect the precise nature of the position at a given point in time.