General Job Description:
Individual responsible for processing requests for interpreter services via email, fax, and phone as well as performing miscellaneous office tasks. This position is available at ASLIS’s main office in Golden Valley, MN. Hours are Monday through Friday; exact shift start and end times will be negotiated with qualified candidates. ASLIS is a bilingual office, utilizing both American Sign Language and English to communicate with one another, customers, clients and interpreters.
- Intake requests from customers and enter into ASLIS’s computer database
- Assign and confirm qualified interpreters to job assignments as appropriate
- Support referral team in any and all office tasks (including filing, answering phones/email, using fax machine, etc.)
- Ability to communicate using American Sign Language
- Knowledge and experience with computers; Windows and Microsoft Office suite
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and visual)
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to details
- Work well in a team environment
- Have strong ethics, a good sense of boundaries, and remain confidential
- Familiarity with Deaf culture
- Willing to take on-call referral work (nights and weekends) for one week at a time, in rotation
Email a cover letter and resume, attention Pamela Wellumson, to email@example.com.
This job posting is a general outline of job responsibilities and skills. It is not intended to be comprehensive in nature. Jobs at ASLIS change and evolve over time and, therefore, this description may not reflect the precise nature of the position at a given point in time.